Saturday, September 1, 2012

Squishy's First Trip to the Boonies

What's the boonies you ask?  It's my family's cabin up in the forest.  It was built by my great-grandpa and is owned by my grandma and her sister and her brother.  In other words there are roughly 40 of us sharing the cabin.  It's beautiful, but scheduling is a lot harder these days.

Hubby and I haven't been since our first summer together in 2009 and that's way too long for my liking.  Growing up I went every summer, usually more than once.  We had wanted to take a long trip this year; but, it wasn't in the cards and so I ended up making a day run with Squishy, my mom, and my grandma.  My aunt and uncle were already there with my cousins so it was a partial family party of sorts.

Click the cut for a photo bomb. Warning: Squishy is sleeping in almost, or maybe all, photos due to long car ride.


Passed out in her carseat.

My initials are carved on there somewhere.

Grumpy Squishy and I at the train station down the dirt road from our cabin.

The steam train. Squishy slept through all the bells.



There is a picture just like this of my mom and I when I was this big.

Fussy baby with her great aunt.

The river that runs behind our cabin.


Looking up at the redwoods.

Passed out.

Right before she started fussing and got passed back to me :)

I'm hoping next year to take a long weekend.  It's the most relaxing place.  No electricity, no internet, no cell reception.  Just propane lights, fresh air, and family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sounds perfect. And how cool about having a similar picture of you and you mom like that. You should get both and have them framed side by side. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete