Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Munchy Monday: Zucchini Bread

Yes, yes I'm aware it's no longer Monday; but, I made the bread on Monday so it counts :)

For the past few months hubby and I have been getting a fresh produce (primarily veggie) box once a week.  It's been interesting trying to come up with ways to use the produce and some weeks we are better at it than others.  This past Tuesday we got two zucchinis in our box so I decided to give some zucchini bread a try.

I modified a recipe I found to make it my own and it turned out ahh-mazing.  I highly recommend you make it.  Unfortunately, I didn't even think of the blog as I made it so you only get a picture of the finished product and the recipe this week. 


INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 & 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmet
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 & 1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs already beaten
  • 1/2 cups water
  • 1-2 cups grated zucchini peeled
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • nuts (optional) 
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Combine dry ingredients, excluding nuts in a bowl and mix
  3. Combine wet ingredients (zucchini is wet) in a separate bowl and mix well
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk together until well mixed
  5. Mix in nuts if desired
  6. Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with nonstick spray
  7. Pour equal amounts of batter in each & bake for an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
Enjoy!!

  1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment