Thursday, September 13, 2012

My Child is Skippy Jon Jones

If you don't know who Skippy is, you have my sympathies.  He is the coolest Siamese-cat-fronting-as-a-Chiuahua the world has ever seen. 

He looks like this
Skippy likes to say his head is too big for his body and this is just like Squishy.  Well, technically it's not too big according to the doctor; but, it's probably contributing to her lack of rolling.

She weighs 15 pounds 11 ounces (79th percentile) which is a gain of almost 9 pounds since birth.
Her height is 24 inches (29th percentile) which is a growth of 5 inches since birth.
& I don't remember her head measurement but it's in the 85th percentile.

Yup, my child has a big head.  I have a theory that it just means Squishy has more room for an awesome brain.  At least she doesn't look disproportional and she does have great head control.  I just think it's hilarious. You'd think it would be more in line with her height.


The reason I know all this is because she had her 4 month check up.  Yup, my Squish is now a third of the way to her first birthday.  The doc also wanted to know if she was interested in us when we ate and since she is, she recommended we start her on a teeny, tiny bit of food each day, once a day.

So, she got some baby oatmeal.  I chose oatmeal because it mixes with her formula so that the taste is at least vaguely familiar.  And, overall, it was kind of hilarious.

Getting ready

Hmm, what is this?

This tastes different.

Mom!  What the hell is the witchery?  Why can I not suck it down?

Wait, maybe I judged too harshly.

Yup, yup.  I definitely like this stuff. 

Oh, and she can hold her own bottle now too if it's little.
 My Squishy is growing up.  She first tried the cereal on Tuesday and she was work on trying to do the tongue motion to get it to her throat instead of the thrust and pushing it out.  Yesterday was a lot better and she ate it all with minimal spilling and she even dive bombed the spoon.

We'll keep with the oatmeal for a week or so and then we'll introduce some veggies.  You want to introduce foods one at a time to babies just in case their is an allergic reaction.  That way you know EXACTLY what they are allergic to and you don't have to try and figure it out. 

My only regret is that we forgot to take a picture when she had smeared it all over her face!

No comments:

Post a Comment