Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pasta Sauce Chicken

As promised, to make up for missed Munchy Mondays, I'm going to post the tutorial for a recipe I do that is super simple and absolutely delicious.  It's my pasta sauce chicken.  The chicken ends up extremely moist, it takes maybe 5 minutes to prep, and it's one of my go to meals if I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen getting it ready.

MMM delicious


What you'll need:
  • chicken breast
  • a large baking dish
  • a jar of pasta sauce
  • foil
  • an oven
  • Parmesan (optional) <--Also I'm fascinated by the fact that Parmesan needs to be capitalized
Follow me to learn more

1. Preheat your oven to somewhere between 350-360 degrees.  It really depends on your oven.  If it runs hot do it a little lower, if it runs cold higher.

My oven runs crazy hot so I actually have to do it less than 350.
 2. Wash your chicken.   Technically it's optional.  When I first met my husband he had never washed chicken when prepping it.  I have for as long as I've been cooking.  It's up to you.  I usually pat it dry afterwards with some paper towels as well.

3. Fill a large baking dish with a jar of pasta sauce.  Use the whole darn thing.  Give the dish a little shake to make sure the pasta sauce is spread evenly.


4. Place the chicken in the sauce and use a spoon to spread some sauce on top of the breasts as well.

 
5. Cover in foil and bake for 40-45 minutes!


6.  When it's done, make sure to check the chicken to make sure it's white in the middle and cooked clean through.  If it is, you can either enjoy like this (I like to use garlic and onion sauce so I like it straight from the pan) or you can add Parmesan or basil or garlic on top.  Whatever tickles your fancy.

And yes, it is that easy.  I always recommend it to friends who doesn't necessarily know how to cook, or don't like to do so, because it's such a piece of cake.  I hope you enjoy and let me know if you try it out and like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment