How I did it under the cut (or you can always check out the original as linked above :) )
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 lb of ground beef or turkey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 a cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp, fresh basil
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
|Ingredients minus the egg|
2) In a large skillet, heat up the olive oil and sautee the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes. Then add the ground beef and brown.
3. Once the meat is browned add the can of crushed tomatoes and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Once the sauce is done simmering, add half of the basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Stir.
7. On a clean surface lay out a lasagna noodle. Place a spoon full of sauce on the noodle and spread out. Repeat with ricotta mixture. Roll up the noodle and then place it seam side down in a baking pan lined with a bit of the sauce on the bottom.
End Result: It was sooo delicious! We had some minor set backs though. First, the onion I bought ended up being moldy inside and since I didn't have time to go out again, our rolls just didn't have onion. Also, we didn't boil the noodles quite long enough so they were a little tough. Even with that though, the recipe was amazing and I plan to make it again. Two of the rolls each was the perfect serving for my husband and I, so this will last us two nights. I definitely plan to make this again.
|Squishy helped too. Forgive the eye bags. It was a long night ;)|