Saturday, February 9, 2013

Speed Round Update w/ a Photo Bomb!

Squishy is 9 months old!  Ahhh!  I can hardly believe it.  We are desperately trying to figure out what we're going to do for her first birthday.  Party at our house?  Party closer to family?  No big party?  I have no idea.

Updates and photobomb after the cut.



Let's start with Squishy updates:
  • She started crawling in mid-January and is now pulling herself up on anything and everything and starting to cruise.  We're taking bets on how long it is until she walks.I s
  • She no longer takes naps in the living room in her rock and play (it's been retired).  She now naps in her crib which is amazing.  It means mommy has time to actually relax and get stuff done.
  • She loves music and making noise.  Today she was trying to bang a metal spoon on all the furniture to make noise so I set her up with a pot and a spatula and she loved it.  She also loves when I play her music and it helps her to calm down.
  • She loves to feed herself and we're starting to phase out baby food.  So far she loves egg, toast, banana, avocado, and she's even tried out pesto.
  • She says "Hi" in context now so we're going to call that her first word.  She also babbles "mama" and "dada" but I assume it's just that, babble.  Except the other day she was in her high chair while I was out of the room and hubby was out of her eyesight and I swear I heard her say both "mama" and "dada" like she was looking for us.  Who knows though.
Family updates:
  • We went to Disneyland and she loved both the characters and the rides she was able to go on. Pirates scared her a little bit but there was no fuss and she even went on Haunted Mansion without a problem.  The characters she just kept trying to touch.  (Pictures to follow).
  • Hubby got a promotion in October and it looks like the raise is about to go through (finally) with back pay which will be amazing for us and make us much more comfortable.
  • I'll also be able to finally buy a B.O.B. jogging stroller which means I can start training for the Disneyland Half Marathon!  Huzzah!
  • I started a pole fitness class which I love.  Yes, it means I have to work out in booty shorts and six inch heels but I'm getting a lot stronger and a lot more comfortable with my body which I needed after the c-section and my inability to breastfeed.  
Now for the photo bomb!





















No comments:

Post a Comment