And I come baring a cute tutorial. I made this diaper wreath for a friend's baby shower back in April and I've been dying to share it with you but no computer + nowhere to put pictures the pictures I took = no tutorial until now.
|The diaper wreath!|
* Foam wreath (I found mine at Michaels but most large craft stores should have them)
FloraCraft Styrofoam Extruded Wreath 12" White
* A thing of diapers (I think I used size 1)
Pampers Swaddlers Diapers, Size 1, Jumbo Pack, 35 Count
* Some thin ribbons (I used two)
* A thicker ribbon as accent
* Push pins (I found really pretty pearl like ones in the wedding section)
* Onesies (optional)
* Teethers/rattles/misc. small toys (optional)
1. I started off by opening the diapers up along the fold and wrapping them around the foam wreath. I then gathered the extra diaper at the top of the wreath and bundled it together and tied it with ribbon. I alternated between two colors but you can do whatever floats your boat.
2. Once I had the wreath full of diapers, but with a little wiggle room, I started to add the accent ribbon. Using the pretty pins I had found I pinned the ribbon in between two diapers, ran the ribbon across the diaper, and then pinned it on the other side and continued until I had the entire wreath ringed with ribbon. Please be careful not to pin on the diapers. Don't want to risk leaks for a new mama.
|The pretty pins helped with the look a lot.|
That can be it if you want, it still looks great that way; but, if you're like me and want to add a little extra follow along after the basic completion picture.
|Finished product again!|
The whole project was super easy, cute, and I received a lot of complements on it. It's easy to customize for whatever the mama to be is into, or based on gender. Plus, there are also a ton of different ways that you could attach toys or clothes to give it that extra pop. It also only took me about 60 minutes, and that was while I was distracted watching Supernatural or something like that. :)
Anywho, I'm glad to be back. I'll update on our lives soon for those of you who are interested in that. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this project that I have been itching to post!
** This post contains affiliate links which help allow me to continue providing interesting and new content.